Want to buy a home in the United States, but you're not a US Citizen?
A mortgage to a non-resident is called a Foreign National Mortgage loan. A foreign national who is not a resident of the United States will in many cases seek to own real estate. Financing real estate is generally done by US mortgage companies and banks to United States citizens.
Down payment requirements are usually higher for foreign national borrowers. The minimum down payment is usually 30% of the total purchase price of the property. This is also referred to as an 80% Loan to Value "LTV" loan"
Here are some of the key details:
- Our Foreign National Loan program offers competitive interest rates.
- You can borrow up to $750,000 per property (minimum amount borrowed is $100,000).
- Multiple Fixed rate terms to choose from (10, 15, 20, 25 & 30).
- Multiple Adjustable rate terms available as well (5/1, 7/1, 10/1).
- You can use our Foreign National Loan Program to Purchase a New home or refinance your current home.
- Debt-to-income ratios are 50% ("Assets for income" option).
- No pre-payment penalties.
- We can finance up to 75% loan-to-value (if the home is worth $500,000 then we can lend up to $375,000).
- This program is eligible for multiple property types including: single-family homes, condos and townhouses.
- All Loans are manually underwritten.
- The Foreign National Loan Program is available to Self-employed foreign national borrowers as well.
- Some seller concessions are allowed (Max 6% up to 65% LTV)
- Escrows: Taxes and insurance escrows are required